3 Ways to Cure a Case of the Mondays
3 Ways to Cure a Case of the Mondays
There’s a reason why nobody says TGIM after all…but there are ways to deal with a Case of the Mondays:
1. Make a plan. When those Sunday night blues begin- make a plan that will give you something to look forward to on Monday. Maybe it’s having lunch with a friend, maybe it’s making the time to fit in a dance or fitness class after work. If you are someone who is trying to eat and live healthier, on Sunday night come up with some exciting recipes to try during the week ahead. An amazing and fun blog devoted to this is from Cooking Light and is called the Sunday Strategist. It offers up a wide variety of new ideas and recipes for your week ahead created by guest writers and readers. If you need some inspiration it is definitely worth checking out. Some of the recipes aren’t always as healthy but remember you can always substitute certain ingredients to fit your dietary needs.
Just a couple ways to make a recipe healthier:
- Substitute nondairy milk when milk is an ingredient. Rice and almond milk can be added into sauces, etc., without making a recipe taste different.
- Substitute plain, nonfat Greek yogurt for anything calling for sour cream, heavy cream, cream cheese, or even butter. It cuts the calories in half and adds NO fat but still provides a creamy, silky and rich taste and feel to all dishes.
- Always use a healthier oil. Peanut oil, coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil. Make sure these are 100% pure, organic and cold pressed.
2. Pick a theme. You wake up and its (sigh) Monday morning. Instead of huffing and puffing, pick a theme for your week. Make each week different. This week could be about eating more raw, whole foods. Each day you juice, or try a new fruit or recipe. Your theme could be something more spiritual, like forgiveness. You get the idea. If your theme is forgiveness, reflect on what might be holding you down, who you might be still upset with, who might still be upset with you and focus on dealing with it and letting it go so you can be the best version of yourself. Maybe your theme is adventure and you pick 3 things to try that you have never tried before. Whatever theme you choose, make it special and it will definitely enrich your life for the better and make that dreadful Monday maybe even…dare I say it..exciting!
3. Treat Yourself. That’s right-even when you are trying to live a healthier lifestyle you still have to treat yourself! When you wake up on Monday, knowing that at the end of the day a treat is waiting for you will surely help you to get through the day and to help ease any stress that comes up. When I write “treat” I don’t mean make a huge ice cream sundae and sit around in your sweatpants. Although that might sound tempting, living a more balanced and healthier lifestyle means treating your body and mind with what you need, not what you may want. What is your treat that helps you with stress management and relaxation? Is it a long bath after a long day? Make it more special with a great magazine or book and your favorite candle. Maybe you decide to look on groupon for a deal on a yoga or cooking class. Is it watching a show and being entertained that helps you recover? Pick a new release to rent and cozy up with a healthy bowl of popcorn, not the easy microwave kind that is laden with preservatives, sodium and fake butter flavoring. You have made it through Monday and you deserve to unwind and know that the worst day of the week is behind you!
What are some healthy ways you deal with a case of the Mondays? How do you unwind?
Adelle’s 113th Birthday!February 25th, 2017
Adelle Davis’ Perfect TurkeyNovember 23rd, 2016
The queen of optimal eatingSeptember 18th, 2016
Medicine: The High Priestess of NutritionSeptember 12th, 2016
Kindle “Let’s Eat Right to Keep Fit” and “Let’s Get Well”April 28th, 2016